Monday, February 5, 2018

Not much has changed...

... Just everything!

I write this with a 6 week old infant in my left arm on the sofa in my new home while I wait on my partner to get off work, so I guess it's fair to say it was a busy year.

So I had a baby in December.  In my last entry I mentioned that I'd be running a 10K in March.  I definitely did not PR that race (I ran a 1:04:52), but I remember that I finished strong and running through Puerto Rico was wonderful- hilly, but wonderful.  More importantly, though, after I left Puerto Rico, my daughter decided she'd be rocking my world and joining us later in the year.  Once I knew she was on her way, I knew I'd need a yard for my dog since I wouldn't have as many free hands for frequent walks, so I started the process of buying a house and closed in June.  So yes, 2017 was the year that everything changed for me.

This past Saturday I took my first postpartum run, and today was my first day back to CrossFit.  I am again a fitness ambassador for Skirt Sports and our year begins in February so I'm pretty excited for the new year and new chances to be better than ever before.  I have been relieved of my teaching duties for the semester, so I'm really looking forward to being more active physically but also with my blog as I navigate my new life as a mother to Denver Kay.


No comments:

Post a Comment