Saturday, April 4, 2015

Exciting News!!!

29 is definitely off to a great start!  One reason is that I was selected as a fitness ambassador for Skirt Sports.  Not long after I started running, I noticed women running in skirts and decided that I wanted one too.  I googled, and discovered a great company, Skirt Sports, which just happened to be out of Colorado (my home).  I ordered a pink "Marathon Girl" skirt and began my love affair :o).  Earlier this year, I learned that the company was accepting applications for "fitness ambassadors."  What does this mean?  Essentially, they wanted people to promote healthy lifestyles while wearing skirts ;o), two things I already do.  Thus, I jumped at the opportunity to apply.  My partner didn't care to help me with my application (there was some superbowl game on or something <kidding, I love the superbowl, but moreso when the Broncos are in it... not counting last year, but that's another story>), but luckily for me my friend (who cares more about the Golden Globes than the superbowl) did!  I found a race picture of me in a skirt (not hard, lol) and submitted my app!  And now, two months later, I am happy to say that I have joined a small group of women across the country and become a Skirt Sports fitness ambassador.

Perks: a spending allowance for merchandise, discounts on merchandise for myself, friends, family, and strangers (really!), discounts on races, and "membership" in a great community of great women.  SO if you need some fitness apparel, check out SkirtSports, and let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment