Sunday, January 6, 2013

Juice Recipe Reviews III

The "sunset blend juice" was the scariest for me to try.  The ingredients just did not sound appealing to me.  At all.  (A sweet potato?? Beets???  Gross!)  But I had already bought all the ingredients, the potato was looking a little sad, the red bell pepper was looking a lot sad, so I figured better to make the juice, hate it and throw it out than just throw out the ingredients off top.

It actually is not all that bad.  Notice I didn't say it was good lol.  It's very pretty to me.  Has a nice rich color (nutrients).  It's sweet.  There is a funny taste that I don't really like.  At first I thought it was the beets.  Now I think it may be the bell pepper.  I was surprised at the amount of juice that came out of the potato.  I read that you should not put any potato through the juicer except a sweet potato.  Maybe they are just juicier.  Anyway, I'm satisfied.  The recipe yielded about 2 glasses of juice.  I think I can handle one tonight (I have a lot of better smelling/tasting things cooking in this kitchen right now), and I may just pour the other glass for tomorrow (it will probably get thrown out just being real).

Anyway, first juice in a week.  Might try this one again without the red bell pepper.  Probably not though lol.

UPDATE: I actually finished this juice today (three days later) lol.  It got better each day as the flavors mellowed out (which was prob just the nutrients escaping from the glass into the universe ha ha).  Anyway, not bad.  May make it again one day far far in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment