Friday, March 2, 2012

3 weeks away!!

So my resolution challenge ends in 3 weeks!!  Discipline is easier for me when there is a clear end in sight.  My plan is to alternate lower calorie days (cycle 1) with higher calorie days (cycle2/3).  My friend also mentioned that drinking distilled water right (3 days) before the final weigh ins will help me shed that last minute weight.

Today was my higher calorie day.  I ate breakfast (though I snacked a bit more than I would have liked to) and met my friend at Tacodeli for lunch.  The tacos were really good (tilapia) and relatively healthy.  (Also, I passed on the beans and rice, ordering two tacos instead- progress!).  However by dinner time I was pretty hungry again (as I should have been), and there was pizza at a meeting I had that I decided to indulge in.  I wanted some water but there was none offered, so I ended up drinking about a cup of Dr. Pepper.  It was disgusting.  And then afterwards I let my friend talk me into getting a cupcake (which she didn't even end up getting one).

So first of all, I feel ok about what I ate.  Good breakfast, good lunch, moderate dinner, and snacks throughout the day.  The only things that were less than ideal were two slices of pizza, the soda, and a cupcake.  I'm happy that those things make up a meal (vs. a list of random junk foods).  I'm happy that two slices of pizza didn't turn into more.  I'm happy that the soda was too syrupy and not good to me.  I'm happy that I passed on cookies earlier today so that the cupcake didn't feel so bad.

And now a couple things that could have made 'ok' be 'good.'  I should always have a water bottle with me.  I don't even like soda.  Why waste calories on it just because I'm thirsty?  Obviously I could have just found a water fountain, but I didn't.  I think know a water bottle would have solved my problem.  Also, I need to consider packing a (light) dinner for my long days.  Had I been a bit fuller, I may have made the decision to skip the pizza all together.  I don't do a good job of meal planning on my long days.  I eat breakfast ~8:00 and lunch ~1:00 but don't rarely plan dinner for the days I get home after 8:00.  And finally, I didn't really even want a cupcake that much, but I kinda just went with the inertia.  I want to make a conscious effort to skip junk unless I really really want it.

Overall today was a good day.  Eating right during the week makes the damage done on the weekends minimal.  I will try to keep this in mind when I find myself desiring junk on a Wednesday :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment