Tuesday, March 6, 2012

lifestyle changes #progress

I am making progress.  Granted this contest is still going on which forces me to at least think about exhibiting some self control, but I hope some of these changes are lasting.

Sunday upon discovering there is one right by my house, I did decide to grab Tacodeli :o).  Again I ordered two tacos with no sides.  This time I allowed myself lemonade and a cookie as well (the cookie was f-ing fabulous, btw).  It was a beautiful day so I came home, opened the back door, and fell asleep.  That morning I had failed to go on my 'extra workout' run, and though I knew I still had the rest of the day for it, I doubted I would actually go.  When I woke up from my nap, I had just enough daylight to get in a run if I left right away.  I did :o).  It was a great run, 6 miles.  When I came home I didn't feel like cooking, but I did anyway.  I opted for the fresh salmon rather than the frozen tilapia.  It's my second frozen tilapia fillet that's gone to waste.  I don't think I'll try frozen again.  Good workout, good meal.

Yesterday I ate four mini Snickers.  Not bad except I was trying to go another three days without sweets.  I decided I could have a cupcake and start over today... but then I talked myself out of it... but then someone fb'd me an announcement for FREE cupcakes at Hey Cupcake.  Turns out the cupcakes were B.O.G.O.  I B.O.'ed lol.  The free cupcake is a new flavor, John Lemon, and it was also fabulous.  I did not substitute the cupcake for dinner, and finished my leftover salmon from the night before (before I ate the cupcake, in fact).  Now unfortunately because I B.O. I also G.O. leaving me with an extra cupcake.  I opted not to eat it yesterday, but ate it for 'breakfast pt. I' this morning.  Then I went to X-train Tabata and did another 6 mile run :o).  Bye bye cupcake!  Actually when I ate it I remembered that I do not really like how rich Hey Cupcake's cupcakes are, the Sweetberry in particular.  I didn't notice the texture while eating the John Lemon, but I'm glad I'm not especially eager to get more.  So today (minus breakfast pt. I) was day one of no sweets.  It wasn't hard at all, but I guess I was pretty busy.

And lastly, a very funny story.  Today I came home wanting some of the almonds I knew I had.  I ate a serving, chewing slowly, and enjoying them.  Then I ate half of another serving (total: 255 cals).  I knew I might be tempted to get more so I threw the package on top of the (very tall) cabinet.  It worked, lol.  A little while later I had forgotten that I did that, and decided I might as well have the full 2nd serving.  I went in the kitchen only to find there were no almonds in the cabinet.  It only took me a second to remember where they were, but as I chuckled to myself I decided my hour earlier self knew best and I would not climb on top of the counter to get them.  I ate an egg instead.  Similar in caloric content, yes, but not the same mental food abuse.  (Fresh) tilapia for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment