Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Post Holiday Party

Okay, so yesterday I was down to 138.something (I started writing the numbers on my dry erase calendar so I can keep track as I go- I think this is a good idea) and was a bit nervous about my department holiday party throwing me off.  I was told there would be fajitas which seemed like a relatively decent meal, healthwise.  I decided to eat well all day and then try to eat rationally at the party.  By the time I came home to get ready for the party I was hungry and craving something salty.  I stopped by the store to pick up some probiotics and carrots, and decided to get some almonds.  Btw, I have been stopping by the store WAY too much.  I like going frequently so that things don't spoil because I basically just buy what I need right then, but I think I've gone 3 times in 3 days!  Not only is this bad for the pocketbook, but it's also bad for temptations.  Every time I walk in the store I have an opportuninty to walk out with something unhealthy.  I did good though, and only bought the almonds.  I wanted salt but would have settled for roasted unsalted, but they only had roasted salted so I got that.  When I got home I portioned the container into 1-serving snack bags and told myself to eat no more than one bag each day.  Yesterday I failed, lol.  Well technically I guess I didn't because I had an unbagged few (a serving) before I went to the holiday party and a wine-induced bag after it.  Anyway, at the party I got a full plate of food, dessert, and two glasses of wine.  Here are the good choices I made:

  1. Chicken on my fajita instead of steak
  2. > 1/4 of my plate Salad (I looked for balsamic vinaigrette, but did not find it, so I just got the ranch)
  3. I only ate one plate even though I wanted seconds, lol
  4. Passed on the sour cream on my fajita (not very hard for me)
And the not so good:
  1. Two glasses of wine vs. one or none
  2. Couldn't pass up queso! (and I don't feel bad about it, lol)
  3. Couldn't pass up cheese! On the fajita that is
  4. Couldn't pass up tres leches! (and I don't feel bad about that either)
Overall, I am content with how things went.  And this morning I was down a pound from yesterday :o). This is encouraging.  I don't have to skip social outings.  I just need to make an effort to make the drinks and unhealthy eating an occasional thing.  This weekend my boyfriend is coming down for an indefinite amount of time.  That will be a true test!  Can I still lose with him here?

Working out is going.  I still haven't run :o(.  Yesterday Tabata was ridiculously hard (25 lb kettlebells).  I feel like 20 lb is too light but maybe I will ask the trainer about it because I don't think I have good form with the 25 lb weights.  Back and tri's were good today.  Hard because I'm doing the exercises right (I think?).

And a friend of mine sent me this link.  Excited to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment