Monday, May 30, 2011

130.4

Well good morning! So today I woke up 8 hours after eating that salad and wasn't exactly looking forward to getting on the scale. But I did and to my delight I'm 130.4! Eating right has me feeling great. I don't wake up full from the day before, I wake up light and energized. So today is Memorial Day and I haven't cheated big (i.e. ate anything that wasn't listed somewhere in my book) since Tuesday because I was saving it for today. And now I'm on the right path and truly don't want to stop the momentum. I think a compromise is to avoid alcohol today. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I'm not going to start my 'week' off dehydrated and crappy feeling. I'm also going to do my best not to go crazy this evening :o). Maybe I should write 130.4 on my hand, lol.

Workout:
Bike (7.6 miles)
Yoga (90 min. water class at sunstone)

Diet:


Ok so on my way home I considered not listing the things I ate tonight since I imagined it would look pretty terrible in writing, but that's not the point of this... I don't feel overly guilty about my food choices tonight. I did a good job anticipating the kind of night this might have been and so I can at least take comfort in the fact that this was really the first time I ate bad in 6 days. I do think I could have made some better choices as far as food selection and portion control, but this is how we learn/grow.

What I did well:
I planned and 'saved up' for this. I knew it was coming and I knew it wouldn't be good for my diet so I tried to eat well in the days leading up to it. I also worked out this morning and ate light all day. Additionally, I only had one Dos Equis and that one did not lead to any others. I enjoyed my well deserved beer :o).

Room to grow:
Portion control! My first plate had really good portion sizes. But then I got another plate. And then another hot dog. I would like to have stopped with one plate, maybe a total of two hot dogs. Cupcakes get me every time, and they weren't even my favorite kind! I would like to have only had two of the mini ones as my dessert. And the chips became a snacking thing instead of part of the meal. I think in the future if it's not on my dinner plate, I want to wait until it is.
Healthier choices. There were actually turkey burgers! And wheat hot dog buns! And chicken. Of course I love hot dogs so I wanted that, but maybe a better plan of attack would have been to have a piece of chicken and then have one hot dog on a wheat bun. Also it may have been a better idea to just have the pasta salads rather than the chips since the chips are hard to eat in moderation. This was much harder than the Flying Saucer last week because I didn't/couldn't have the same sort of plan going in. I also should have drank more water throughout the night. This may have kept me too full to eat mindlessly.

Ok that's it. I weigh 134.6 right now so at least I know it shouldn't be worse than that tomorrow morning. But tomorrow's a new day and a new chance to recommit to my health.

Lessons learned:
  • Even if you don't know what will be served away from home and can't form a concrete plan as far as what to eat, try to make some educated guesses as to what might be there and sketch a plan based on that. Then you can modify the plan when you see what's actually on the menu. Better to have a general plan than no plan.
  • Don't forget to hydrate. Try to let water keep you too full to overeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment