Sunday, May 29, 2011

Willpower

Diet:
Kefir Smoothie
Green tea

1/2 (because I couldn't finish it all) Chicken breast fillet (soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic, lime)
Collard greens

Apple
Greek yogurt
Green tea

Green tea
Salad (yesterday's + carrots)

Still hanging tight at 132. Aaahhh 3 lbs away! Come on body!! I may have lunch with my friends today. I told them I would bring my own, but I'm thinking I may just eat before I go for convenience. I would like to strictly stick to the eating plan today as I deviated yesterday. I'm glad that the deviation didn't register on the scale and recall that I generally weigh a bit more the day after running. I would like to get another run in today.

So yesterday I went to Sprouts for my shopping and after comparing labels for quite some time I bought Greek God's Greek Yogurt. Well just now as I was making my apple yogurt snack to take to my friend's house I happened to compare the label with Yoplait's Greek yogurt and boy was I surprised! Greek God's has 60 calories compared to the 120 in Yoplait! Tomorrow we'll see if that's reflected in the taste...

.....

Now that's willpower! I told my friend I would bring my own food to her house today and when I couldn't make it to two o'clock, I went ahead and ate lunch at home. I took my snack (apple/yogurt) and green tea over there. I love hot dogs, and I love potato chips. They had both, lol. I normally would be willing to sacrifice my diet for a couple of hot dogs, but because I know that two hot dogs leads to three leads to chips leads to too much pasta salad leads to cake leads to liquor and repeat (all of these things were there), I just decided to abstain for as long as possible. And apparently not eating is an appetite suppressant so I made it through the night, lol. By the time I got home I didn't even want dinner, but I am forcing myself to eat a salad before bed. I should have taken one with me, note to self. So yeah, good job today team healthy eating. Also, I'm glad I didn't let healthy eating stop me from having fun. It actually wasn't even awkward until other people make it awkward by making a big deal about me not eating there. But still, that passed and I was fine.

Lessons learned:
  • If you make a conscious decision to eat right when going to a social event, bring enough food to sustain you through the time you'll be there. If you'll be there 'til 10:00 but you normally eat between 6:00 and 8:00, bring dinner.
  • If someone comes to the social event you're at and chooses not to partake in the consumption of unhealthy foods, accept that and don't make a big fuss over it. In trying to make them more comfortable you'll probably just make them uncomfortable :o).

No comments:

Post a Comment