Friday, July 15, 2011

eat and run... but how?

Workout:
TRX Strength
Run (3 miles)

Diet:

So I am at a bit of a loss regarding how to eat right now. Yesterday I was a walking zombie and craving pizza (I don't even really like pizza). After I ate the pizza my energy levels skyrocketed. I remember this same thing happened with m&ms when I started this blog. I feel like with the amount of exercise I'm getting and the energy required to do the work I do everyday, I may need some more carbs. Now yesterday I had that black hole phenomenon, where pizza led to rice crispy treat led to sandwich, cake, etc. so maybe if I focus less on eating perfect meals and more on eating balanced meals I would be better off. I need to put some thought into this. I think I can deal with the restricted cals/carbs now, while my weekly running mileage is still fairly low. Obviously when I start running >10 miles I'll have to make another adjustment. I'm thinking I may want to turn to the 3rd cycle of 17 day diet for guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment