Thursday, June 2, 2011

3-a-days?

Workout:
Xtrain Tabata
Xtrain Core
Yoga (60 min. fire)
Bike (7.6 miles)

Diet:


So today has been awesome, lol. I definitely have lots of energy/motivation. I woke up for Tabata this morning and went ahead and stayed for the core class. And then I went to hot yoga. And then I biked. The core class is hard. I can't do those pikes on the ball, but I'm glad I was shown a way to do pikes without TRX bands so I can practice at home :o). I don't really consider yoga a workout. I don't know why. Do workouts have to be hard? I don't really consider biking a workout either. I just enjoy it, especially now that the route to bus stop has bike lanes.

So clearly I cheated a bit today. My colleague had some chips left over from the boat cruise on his desk and I couldn't (i.e. didn't want to) resist. And then when I was cooking dinner I decided I really wanted the last Snickers bar, lol. In both cases, I did a good job of eating slowly and savoring the flavors. I don't really feel bad about the extra treats though; I think I earned them today (see workouts, he he). Last night when I was eating the Snickers bars I found myself anticipating the next one before I even finished the one I was eating. I think knowing that I only had 1 of what I was eating today really helped me slow down. I guess the moral of the story is that I can't yet have a lot of junk without eating a lot of junk.

I continue to be very happy and encouraged with what I'm seeing in the mirror. I'm going to have to go on vacation every 3 months to keep the good work going, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment