Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cheater :o(

Today I ran the Color Run 5k.  I would have had a blast but it was super muddy and I couldn't quite let go of my fear of falling.  I didn't run the whole thing (uphill, in the mud is a really good workout), but I didn't let myself walk more than I deemed acceptable.  I may need to get another workout in tomorrow...  Going in I felt pretty determined to stick to my diet.  I ate an egg and drank a Yakult before I got to the race.  I ate an apple afterwards.  But then I decided I should pick up some food from the amazing assortment of vendors, so I grabbed 3 Kind bars.  And then I ate them :o(.  Now it wasn't the worst cheat in the world.  The ingredients are whole and healthy, and not full of carbohydrates either (for the sake of Cycle 1).  The problem is I ate all 3, nearly 600 extra calories for the day.  What did I learn?  Just stay away.  I stayed away from the pizza yesterday and wasn't tempted by it.  I was not tempted by the vendors until I started grabbing product.  Anyway, to make up, I tried to eat pretty light the rest of the day.  I am still under 1500 cals, though at a fairly higher count than I have been in the past week.

This morning I found that not only had I failed to lose weight since yesterday, I had gained a little (136.something).  It has to be the soup (sodium).  The soup is now gone but I can't be discouraged by the scale.  I know weight loss has to be a slow process and even if I eat soup everyday, the low calories will result in weight loss if I am consistent and patient.  136 is still 2 lbs. less than I weighed at the beginning of the challenge.

Workout:
5K

Diet:
~1365

No comments:

Post a Comment