Wednesday, February 1, 2012

15...

These days are going by so slow, lol.  136.8 this morning!  Can't wait to see what I am on Saturday.  I was trying to weigh in just twice a week but it's so satisfying to see the numbers go down and down.

Today was not as hard as yesterday, probably because I didn't run.  However, I was pretty hungry this afternoon.  I got through it with the help of a lot of gum, ha ha.  One thing I do like is that temptations don't seem so tempting.  Yesterday I was in HEB, nearly 8 hours past my last meal, and being around all that food didn't tempt me.  Now had the samples been out I may not have been so successful at staying focused, but they weren't and I was.  17 days seems like forever, but I know I can do this!

I thawed out ground turkey for a change of pace (I have eaten a lot of fish fillets lately, lol) and decided to look up some recipes.  I came across one for taco soup.  It called for a few ingredients that aren't on the list of foods for the first cycle, but mostly had things that are.  I loosely made the recipe, omitting those things that aren't and adding in a few things that are.  It was really really good!  I worried it was a bit high in sodium (the broth and taco seasoning were low sodium, and the soup didn't taste too salty, but it definitely didn't taste not-salty), but it was definitely low calorie.  I keep recalculating and rounding up, but I think each serving was less than 200 cals.  I like the idea of using things on the list to make my own (modified) recipes.  Since spices are a freebie, there's so much I can make.  The possibilities are endless!

Taco Soup:
Brown 1/2 lb. of ground turkey.  Add in some onion.  Put turkey/onion mix into a large pot.  Add a can (small) of Rotel, 1/2 package of taco seasoning, 1/2 package of ranch dressing mix, half a package of frozen vegetables, and chicken broth.  (I will also probably add water next time).  Bring to a boil, then simmer for ~20 minutes.

Workout:
TRX Strength, -200 cals

Diet:
900 cals

No comments:

Post a Comment