Friday, December 28, 2012

3 day reboot pt. 2

Ok so I'm on my second juice and I'm already tired of washing the Breville lol.  I am hopeful since I won't be making this much juice this close together once I incorporate juicing into my diet and thus won't have to clean it this much.  Cleaning all the parts is what makes it a pain in the ass; the only thing that's really hard to clean is the mesh basket.  I'm also nearly out of dish soap which isn't helping my annoyance lol.

My second juice included kale.  I've read that there's more to juicing leafy greens than other things.  You have to put it in with/in the middle of other juicier foods to get the most out of it.  I put in some apples then stuffed in the kale.  Then I turned the juicer on.  If you recall there were basically three rules to using the juicer but one of them is to turn the juicer on BEFORE you add food.  Oops.  I see why that matters; it took a minute to get the juice flowing.  Luckily no major damage done but lesson learned.



The juice is green so I guess I got enough juice out of the kale... I guess?

The pulp was a bit wetter than that of the first juice.  So I decided I would try juicing the pulp (which I had read about someone doing).  Yeah... that just made a mess lol.  I'm sure the amount of additional juice I gained wasn't worth it.  I don't think I'll be doing that again ha ha.



It's 2:30 pm and I am not hungry (I'm sipping on juice now).  A friend of mine started texting me about gumbo and I had to make a point not to think too hard about it lol.  Besides that doing ok.  I'm not a huge foodie anyway but as I said before I tend to crave cheese and sugar.  So far so good.  I've also been sipping on water (another thing I try to do regularly but don't), so that's probably keeping me full too.  It was my intention to run today.  I should do that soon so we will see how I'm feeling after that if I actually get out and do it.  Anyway no adverse effects so far.

Oh.  It does help that I'm at home.  I have just run a few misc. errands and I'm already behind schedule; I still haven't had "lunch."  Not sure how you could do this if you were working.  The juice is supposed to be made fresh according to the resources I've consulted.  After this weekend I envision myself drinking it in the morning and/or evening, before/after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment