Monday, December 31, 2012

3 day reboot pt. 6

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling pretty damn fabulous.  I did not opt to go on my long run but chilled at the house instead.  I was down a pound from the day before (more water weight).  I drank my fifth juice and hit the road for NYE.  I decided I would call it a fast for dinner and decided on Chipotle. But it was closed :o(.  So I my friend suggested TGI Fridays.  I think it's probably wise to reintroduce food sensibly (e.g. a salad or some other veggie-filled food), but everything looked fabulous and I opted for a burger (it was partly a financial decision, partly an alcoholic choice since I knew I'd be drinking in excess soon).  I ate half of it and all of my fries.  And an ice cream sandwich.  And a couple beers.  Then I had to go to the bathroom.  It hit me a fast but no lingering effects.  I didn't feel sick or anything either which I thought I might.

Anyway I consider the 3 day juice fast a success.  My impressions: I think it was a great experience.  I like eating.  And I like balanced meals.  But I never felt like I was starving myself and I never felt bad/sick.  I felt good.  I'm not sure I would want to do it for more than 3 days but I enjoyed it.  It did give me a chance to try some new juice recipes and learn more about my new juicer.  I might do it again... in like 6 months.  I'm a happy lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment