Saturday, December 29, 2012

3 day reboot pt. 4

Well last night I didn't force myself to drink the last three juices.  I think the very LARGE portion of the second juice was to blame for my preference for drinking bleach over another glass of juice.  Perhaps the run didn't help either.  The good thing is I definitely was not hungry.  I imagine there can't be that many calories in the juice.  I am a big proponent of eating enough calories, especially when trying to drop lbs and when living an active lifestyle.  The typical advisory is >1200 cals and I'm sure I ate less than that yesterday.  But since I wasn't hungry I decided to skip the additional juices anyway.  I do think this is an important reason to only juice for limited time periods.

I read a lot about the adverse effects of juicing.  These included bad breath, body odor, and bathroom issues.  I spent most of yesterday by myself so I'm not sure if I smell terrible but I don't think I do (ha ha).  I don't really care to discuss bathroom issues ever, but I will say that nothing happened worth mentioning.  At no point did I feel it was crucial to be near a bathroom.  No big deal.

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good.  I'm a little tired in the way you feel tired early on a Saturday morning.  I don't feel full but I am not staving either.  The 3 day reboot suggests you drink a glass of hot water (lemon or ginger optional) first thing in the morning followed by a large glass of water.  The 17 day diet suggests something similar.  I like it when my health resources agree.  So I'm having my water, and I will try to get some juice down in the next hour.  I don't hate juice right now lol.  Ready to get back to it, so it's probably good I didn't force the other juices.   My plan is to just continue down the list of drinks so today I will start with "Lunch" from day 1.

 I am shedding some water weight.  Yesterday I was 137.2 and today I am 134.8.  I tend to hang out around 135 when I eat right and exercise (I have put on quite a bit of muscle since my earlier blogging days.  I have ~22% body fat at my best, prob a bit more right now).  I actually do not like to drop weight via diet and cardio alone because I worry about losing muscle mass.  I think protein does a body good.  I've read that there is some protein in veggies, however if I were weight training I would be very uncomfortable just juicing.  I will have to read up more on this.

My takeaway I have from day 1 was to buy the fruits and veggies as you go.  Had I bought the entire list for 3 days versus 1 I would prob end up with way too much food since I drank less than half of what the plan called for.  Something I didn't think about is serving size.  I am smaller than the average person (5'0, medium frame), so the amount of food listed is an overestimate for me.  I'm sure there are larger people who find that the amounts are two small.  I'd suggest buying the foods as you go so you can adjust accordingly.  My $30 of food will probably last me the entire 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment