Friday, December 28, 2012

Juice recipe reviews I

So my awesome neighbor bought me a book on juicing with tons of recipes so I will be trying a lot of miscellaneous combinations after this weekend.  For now I am trying to exactly follow what's listed in the 3 day reboot.  This morning I really enjoyed the carrot/apple/ginger concoction.  It was a nearly perfect yield amount (a little over one glass) and was a surprisingly complex taste (in a good way) despite few ingredients.  That one is the first one added to my repertoire.

The Mean Green juice however...  First of all it yielded nearly an entire pitcher.  My cucumber and apples were admittedly large but goodness!  The ginger gives it a nice kick but it needs to be a bit sweeter.  And this is coming from a person who doesn't like sweet drinks.  I don't like sugar in my alcohol (I drink vodka with water) and I rarely drink soda at all.  But this... this is a bit much.  I thought I would really like it but it tastes like grass.  Grass with ginger lol.  It's going to take me an hour just to finish it.  I'll try this one again with larger apples and a smaller cucumber/celery stalk but first impression is not impressed.  It might be good if there was something else on my palate.




No comments:

Post a Comment