Saturday, December 29, 2012

3 day reboot pt. 5

Well it's 7:18 and I'm feeling just fine.  I don't have the hatred for juice that I had last night at this time but I'm not feeling too fond of the veggie smell in my kitchen.  My friend invited me to see a movie and I was nervous about how difficult it would be to resist popcorn and junk food.  I drank my second juice of the day on my way to the movie theatre to make sure I wouldn't be starving during my outing.  I actually did not feel a strong desire for popcorn or anything else while there.  It probably helped that the people I was with were not eating either.  I shopped around for a NYE dress for about an hour and the smell of food was in the air but it wasn't torturous.  I started daydreaming of tacos and french fries on my way home but I knew I was dehydrated.  I got home, had some water, and it helped. I am not really sure I'm up for making/drinking more juice tonight though I could go for some.  Right now I'm sipping on tea and feeling pretty content.  Again it really helps that I am home, in a controlled environment.  If I was out and about surrounded by rich foods (even corn sounds pretty rich at this point), I'm sure this would be much harder.  In Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead a lady goes to a steakhouse with her family and just drinks her juice.  That sounds like pure torture.  It's definitely easier at home.

Physically, I have not really felt weak or tired.  More than anything, I am a bit worrisome about the effects of not eating food (e.g. wondering if I'm dizzy; obviously if I had to wonder I was not lol).  I didn't work out today minus walking all over the mall.  I would love to get a long run in in the morning but I don't think I wanna play with it.  I may consider doing a run by myself (so that I can stop if I get tired), but I will probably just save the long run for Monday.  I did get in a bit of a mental funk as the night wore on.  I was a little mentally tired after the movie (it was loooong) and by the time I got home I just wanted to sit and chill for a while.  I can't really say whether the mental funk is due to the juice or being alone most of the past two days.  If I had to guess it'd be the latter.  Ironic since I credit the discipline I've been able to maintain to being alone.  A resurfacing of the reality that social outings are centered around (unhealthy) food.

Anyway, I'll consider day 2 a success.  Again I'm not hungry despite only having had two juices (about 2.5 glasses, maybe a bit more), and I like that.

I do plan on going out of town for NYE tomorrow afternoon so I'm not sure what my plan is, but I should probably figure one out.  I can either consider the reboot over before dinner and eat tomorrow night or keep going until Monday morning.  The former is probably better for the long run.  Yes, tomorrow will be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment