Saturday, December 29, 2012

Juice recipe reviews II


I decided to start with the breakfast drink of day 2 today.  It had grapes, blackberries, apple, and what I think is waaaaaaaay too much ginger.  The recipe called for 2 2x2" pieces.  I knew from yesterday that that was probably too much but as I've said I like to follow recipes exactly, especially if it's a new recipe.  Anyway I was right, too much ginger, but good besides that.  I haven't been pouring the juices over ice, but this one I did to dilute the ginger a bit.  I think it's also very sweet, so the ice helps that too.  I would make this one again using just an inch of the ginger root.

The gazpacho juice was actually pretty good.  I packed it to go and drank it down in a hurry without issue.  I think it was refreshing not to have ginger lol.  It wasn't sweet at all, the first drink without apple.  I've never had gazpacho so I'm not sure if it lives up to expectations but it was easy to make and pretty good.  I did get pretty self conscious about my breath because of the red onion.  Maybe the parsley canceled it out but I wouldn't drink this one before a hot date lol.Will probably try this one again (or some variant).


No comments:

Post a Comment